This past Tuesday (November 24), Hudson had his first Parents As Teachers meeting! For those who don't know what it is, it is a free program offered by most of the school districts in the St. Louis area. They come to your house 4 times a year for free visits and play/work with you and your child for about 45-60 minutes. The observe what you child does and how on track they are developmentally. It is a really nice program.
So back to Hudson, I was a little nervous for his appointment, especially since he has started to develop slight separation anxiety...yes I have a mama's boy...LOL. But although I was nervous about it, he did GREAT and he was a huge show off!! Hudson and I played on the floor with our educator Julie while she visited. She brought over a homemade toy (a ziploc bag filled with water, foam letters, and colored pom pom balls) and Hudson immediately grabbed it and started to play with it and of course put it in his mouth. He also played with a few other things in her bag as well. He babbled non-stop the whole time she was here. She was very impressed with all the different sounds he able to make! He also moved himself from the sitting position to his tummy. She was also very impressed by that as well, because she said she wouldn't have expected that from a baby his age. I told her he must have been showing off, because I had never seen him do that before. He also showed her how he is able to get in the crawling position, even though he doesn't go anywhere. Overall she said he is meeting all his milestones and more for his age. She said she can definitely tell we work with him. Our next visit will be in January, and she will conduct a screening. So I will let you know how it goes after she comes next.
Alternate words
7 years ago